Over the
years, many things have happened
But in all
these things that happen
I was never
really with them
We trekked
on harsh grounds
But I
wasn't the one to carry the load
I was the
load that all has to carry
We sailed
treacherous waters
But I was
neither crew nor captain
I was the
cargo, safely stored in the belly
We drove
for hours to our destination
But I
wasn't the car driver
I was the
safe passenger, sleeping soundly
Yet
In times
like these
In moments
like these
In situations
like these
They
They were
still smiling
They were
still happy
They were
still willing
They were
still forgiving
They were
still by my side
But I'm not
all too blind to see
That behind
some smile
Some really
had enough of me
That behind
some laughter
Some really were fed up
I know it all too well, for sure,
And it befalls on me to say :
Thank you all, ya ikhwati fillah!!
You have helped me a lot..
Thank you all, but I'm sorry..
I cannot offer you any gifts..
But only pray to Ilahi..
That Jannatul-Firdaus and syahid is yours....
In sha Allah....
************
I do not own this very beautiful poem, nevertheless, its words and points strike my heart. May Allah bless the writer with His Blessings in the dunya wal akhirah. Ameen :)

No comments:
Post a Comment