Thursday, 24 October 2013

When I say..I am a muslim

I am muslim and I am proud of it :)
When I say. . .I’m a muslim,
I’m not shouting. . .“I am the best”
I am whispering . . .“I seek peace”
and Islam is the path that I choose.

When I say. . . I’m a muslim,
I speak of this with pride.
And confess that sometimes I stumble,
and need ALLAH to be my guide.

When I say. . .I’m a muslim,
I know this makes me strong,
And in those times when I am weak,
I pray to ALLAH for strength to carry on.

When I say. . . I’m a muslim,
I’m not boasting of success,
I’m acknowledging that ALLAH has rescued me,
and I cannot ever repay the debt.

When I say. . .I’m a muslim,
I’m not claiming to be perfect.
My flaws are indeed visible,
but ALLAH forgives because ALLAH is the most forgiving.

When I say. . .I’m a muslim,
It does not mean I will never feel pain,
I still have my share of heartaches,
which is why I invoke ALLAH’S name.

When I say. . .I’m a muslim,
I do not wish to judge,
I have no such authority,
My duty is to submit to ALLAH’s all-encompassing love.

By Allah is my only hope, Allah is enough for me  :’)

*******

Source : Somewhere in Facebook.

Subhanallah. A beautifully-written poem. May this poem boosts your spirit to become a truly muslim as it has boosted mine. May ALLAH bless the writer. In sha Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment